New Life Counseling Services is a multi-speciality behavioral health group that is currently in the process of expansion and are seeking Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse Service Providers to add to our team.
We are seeking full-time behavioral health service providers to join our growing private group practice that has an excellent reputation for servicing individuals, couples, families, and groups with quality and caring counseling and DUI services.
We are also currently in the process of expansion to surrounding counties and will have opportunities for therapists to work outside of Lexington as well at the beginning of 2019.
To apply, please reference our Monster Job Id: 203264656 or forward your cover letter with salary requirements, CV, and a list of three professional references to: [email protected]
Type of Providers Sought:
• PT 62 - Licensed Professional Art Therapist
• PT 63 – Applied Behavior Analyst
• PT 64 - Physician
• PT 67 - Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC)
• PT 78 - Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
• PT 81- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
• PT 82 - Licensed Clinical Social Worker
• PT 83 - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
• PT 84 - Licensed Psychological Practitioner
• PT 89 - Licensed Psychologist
• PT 95 – Physician Assistant
- Must have a minimum masters degree in counseling or a related field.
- Must be licensed in the state of Kentucky or eligible for licensure. (No others will be considered).
- Must be pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Must have a willingness to work with diverse treatment populations, including ethic minorities and LBGTQ populations.
Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse Therapist is directly responsible to the site Clinical Director. All services provided by the Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse Therapist will be reviewed prior to filing or faxing outside or inside the agency, this includes written and all non-written applications such as observation of individual and group counseling services. Job duties will include the following:
- Completion comprehensive assessment of clients’ mental health/substance abuse history and treatment requirements, and develops individualized treatment plans.
- Provide individual and group counseling and DUI education programs in accordance with treatment plan.
- Document treatment and discharge plans and clients’ progress and response to treatment and maintains related records and files.
- Perform case management and contributes to client care monitoring.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to successfully work in 12 core function areas.
- Thorough understanding of the 12-Step and Relapse models.
- Ability to be trained in the Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Restructuring, and/or Seeking Safety Curriculum and/or Prime for Life Curriculum.
- Working understanding of the unique needs/dynamics of the client population;
- Good written and computer skills;
- Willingness to work in a treatment team approach;
- All therapists under supervision work (verbal, written, or performed) will be supervised and signed by the Clinical Director.
- Ability to communicate with treatment staff.
- Ability to liaison with staff of referring agency.
- Understanding of the requirements of supervision, including meeting individual and program goals, working with different counselor styles, initiating and completing the disciplinary process (as necessary), organizing treatment efforts/treatment delivery.
- Ability to develop a working understanding of the agency policy and procedure manual and to use that manual in the day today operations of the agency.
- Attends job specific trainings sessions offered within and outside of organization to enhance job skills and knowledge; obtaining a minimum of 10 CEU’s per year.
We offer medical, dental, life, vision, short-term, and cancer policies, and you are eligible for all this after your first 90 days of successful employment and you will also be eligible for PTO and annual raises are provided upon your first year anniversary of hire.